Connect to your customers with Email Marketing
- Monetise your subscription list and get more out of every sale.
- Plan, create and send targeted emails to your customers with detailed ROI reporting.
- Build a channel that you own!
Email Marketing - a direct personal relationship and the highest ROI digital marketing channel 10 years running
What is Email Marketing
This is true ‘permission marketing’, your customers, prospects, past clients, giving you their direct permission to send them marketing messages – think about the power of that. You have been asked to send your advertising to a potential or existing customer there is no other marketing medium where that is the case.
Email Marketing Facts:
- Rated #1 digital marketing channel for ROI for the last ten years running
- Valuable owned media it is a database that you own and you control your reach
- 40 times more effective for Customer Acquisition than Facebook & Twitter combined
- Email drives purchases 3 times for often than Social with 17% higher Average Value
- 45% of emails today are read on a smartphone or tablet
Email is one of the oldest forms of digital marketing and is often seen as dated because it has been around for so long. There is a reason for that – it is effective.
In fact, it is more important to connect with your customers via email now more than ever. Your clients don’t just check email at work; they check it wherever they are - be it on their smartphones, in the supermarket queue, or on their tablets over a Saturday morning coffee.
With Email Marketing you have the opportunity to build a new relationship with prospects while they are in the later buying stages of the sales funnel using carefully targeted and designed messaging to take them through to becoming a customer. Once a customer you can maintain the relationship with targeted relevant messages that relate to many things, but usually geography, gender, product interests, prior purchase history or budget. Modern email marketing software ties in with your CRM to give the optimum sequence and frequency of messages for each person or category of customers.
Remember: out of sight is out of mind. The best way to stay on top-of-mind with your customers and prospects is with regular communication. It is not practical for you to phone or visit your clients constantly, it’s perfectly accepted to email them regularly (on a sensible frequency in context to your product/service) when done in a way that adds value to the relationship. Email marketing services deliver cost-effective, measurable, reliable results and are a proven way to grow your business.
How to get it right
As great as email marketing is most companies do it poorly.
Do not abuse the permission that you have been given – don’t waste people’s time by giving them irrelevant, low value, too frequent messages - you will be removed (unsubscribe/spam) that kind of trust is hard to get back.
Use the right software, the true costs and value come later once you have built up a list and are getting a serious about email as a channel. So don’t just sign up for the most popular free email marketing software you can find to get underway. Once you are committed it can be costly and difficult to change to a system that is more appropriate for your requirements – things that start free to get you in can end up being far more expensive.
- Newsletters: Email newsletters are value-added information-based messages. They could contain an article, quick tip or industry update to keep your subscribers up-to-date and position you as an authority in your industry
- Promotions and offers: Time-limited sales messages to increase your revenue
- Autoresponders to prospects: Do you have prospects on your email list that haven’t yet bought from you? Or do you have a specific set of information you know it takes to make a purchasing decision in your industry? A carefully worded pre-written sequence of follow-up messages ‘autoresponder sequence’ is the perfect solution
- Auto response to clients: These let you keep adding the ‘wow’ factor long after you have made the sale, with bonus hints, tips and advice. This is all about going the extra mile being personal and helpful, in a way that is automatic and cost-efficient. These kinds of auto-responders are proven to help with customer retention and future sales
- Personalised campaigns based on loyalty or spend: Make your loyal clients feel extra special by treating them with VIP gifts or bonus nuggets of information. Send different special to people who have shown that they like to buy premium or budget – give people exactly what they want!
- Lapsed customers: Tempt lapsed customers to come back to you - or survey them to find out why they haven’t re-purchased.
- Birthday campaigns and anniversary campaigns: Giving your customers an extra treat on a special day is a feel-good campaign that can also boost your customer retention levels.
- Major Events: if you have high volume seasons – think Valentine’s Day for a florist, remind your customers to get their orders in early so they won’t be disappointed (and end up going somewhere else). If there are dates that matter to your customers you can easily remind them – how useful would a florist be that sent you a reminder two weeks before not just Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day but your personal Wedding Anniversary with you last three orders saved for one click repurchasing…
Have a plan, starting with a monthly or quarterly newsletter to ‘everyone on your list’ is OK as a starting point but that is not going to get you a record return. As with all marketing communication the more personal, targeted, and relevant you message is to your customer and the soother the whole process is the better the result you will get.
For information about how email can work for your business or brand please contact to arrange a strategy meeting.
Email Marketing in the Sales Funnel
Email is great for creating desire and action. For both new sign-ups that need a little extra push to convert or rewarding existing customers with good content, offers or new products and services. Keep the conversation going.
Some of our Accreditations and Awards
- Deloitte 2014
- Google New Logo
- Deloitte Asia Pacific 2014
- Deloitte Asia Pacific 2013