Business owners and marketing professionals today don't know the power of autoresponders.
Maybe it's because they go against nearly every piece of marketing advice out there - that is to be 'personal'.
Sending an automatic email to every recipient doesn't follow these typical rules you hear from the gurus. But autoresponders can actually be an extremely powerful part of your marketing mix and are a brilliant way for your business to bring in extra traffic. If you’re not using them, you could be missing out on the most important part of your lead nurturing efforts.
An autoresponder is just a sequence of emails that gets sent to subscribers when they complete some form of action on your website, such as filling in a form or completing a purchase. Consider how these campaigns could add value to your business;
- Welcome Email: when someone fills in their emails address on your website, they’re ASKING you for information and content. A great way to deliver it is by offering a steady drip of emails, each containing little pieces of valuable info. This gets them familiarised with your products or what you do, shows your expertise in the field and keeps your brand front of mind for the life of the series.
- Abandoned cart: Whether it was because the customer wasn't ready to buy or because they got cold feet midway through the purchase - abandoned shopping carts happen. Sending them an email soon after they've abandoned the cart reminding them of the products they carted, with a link back to complete the purchase could result in a sale.
- Transaction Confirmation: Have you ever hit the 'checkout' button then wondered whether the order has actually gone through? Autoresponse emails can let the customer know the transaction has accepted, and you can even take it a step further and send them an update when the product has been shipped.
- Is it packed with the type of content that’s going to turn your prospects into customers and your readers into raving fans?
- Is there enough emails in the sequence, could you add even more value with just a few more emails?
- Is the timing and frequency right?